lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3 UDP - DNS strange behaviour

From: Sergio Sider
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3 UDP - DNS strange behaviour
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:51:16 -0200

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response...

No, it did not timeout... that was the strange part. I will try turning the debug on and also waiting properly for the interface to come up and see if it works.

Regards,
Sergio.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Jonathan Larmour <address@hidden> wrote:
Rejean Groleau wrote:
> Hi Sergio,
>
> I had the same problem a while back. My problem was two-fold:
>
> First, I did not have enough pbufs (PBUF_POOL_SIZE and MEMP_NUM_PBUF)
> to do everything I was doing at startup. Once I got the LWIP_DEBUGF
> and LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG macros properly implemented, I was able to see
> the errors coming from the dns_send() function.

That should have timed out eventually though, right? Just checking there
isn't a real bug in the lwIP DNS code here - it shoudl be able to cope with
running out of pbufs.

> Then, I was not waiting for the interface to be up and initialized before
> calling dns_gethostbyname(). This was solved by calling netif_is_up().

Again, did it time out eventually? Or it should have worked shortly after
the interface was up, even if that wasn't straight away.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric Limited      http://www.eCosCentric.com/     The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK.       Tel: +44 1223 245571