lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] 64 bit linux port on lwip 1.3.0 good?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] 64 bit linux port on lwip 1.3.0 good?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:22:56 +0000

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 13:10 +0100, Micael wrote:
> In order to set up a working test system, to get the hang of lwip, I have
> decided to get it up on my main desktop, running linux/amd64.
>
> Now, I have seen a few patches and bug reports on 64 bit, so I thought I
> should ask you guys if I am doing myself a bad favour by starting with
> this setup.
>
> Would I be better off using cvs head?
> Or should I move to a 32bit linux host instead?

64 bit should work, and there were some bugs fixed for this recently, so
I would recommend going with CVS head rather than 1.3.0.  32 bit is
clearly going to be more widely used and tested, so up to you whether to
go for a 32 bit linux host instead.  I'd prefer you to work on 64 bit so
we get more coverage there and so more bugs fixed, but that's perhaps
not the best answer for you!

Kieran