lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LPC2468+lwIP+FreeRTOS+GCC

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LPC2468+lwIP+FreeRTOS+GCC
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:54:55 +0100

2008/11/20 HM2 <address@hidden>
Piero:

>> When you build a demo with freertos and lwip using my files in GCC, can i have a copy?

Certainly.
Thanks!

I ended up with 3 different example file sets that are suppose to be operational.  Looking at the EMAC coding, it's interesting that there are some fairly significant differences.  Surprising that they all claim to work while what is being done within the Init and ISR routines appears somewhat different.  Perhaps they are more equivalent on a deeper level than what I see on first inspection.  Still going through all the files right now.
I  did the same work in the beginning of my work: i started from 3 different driver implementation and i tried to build the best solution. As you can see, i implemented in my driver, emac packet fragmentation, to avoid to set DMA with few large blocks... i have a lot small blocks, so, the driver can manage some big packets or many small packets.

I also added some additional PHY ID,ADR constants.  I am using the Teridian 78Q2123 phy.  Even though the base regs are the same for any MII phy, it seems the extended regs are not always the same.  Not sure yet how much the extended regs get called.  Some of the code is written as if phy specific, but it may still be generic MII.  I'm working on the EMAC/PHY stuff right now.  Very curious to test these variations and see what the differences are.
you are right... there is some specific code for PHY... i had some problem trying to generalize the code... extended regs give you useful information...

Just a question... which kind of application are you developing? Will you use BSD socket? Do you have some experience in VOIP application, or, do you know someone with this experience?

Please kept in touch...
Bye
Piero

Chris.