lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] p->payload == iphdr failed...

From: bill
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] p->payload == iphdr failed...
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:14:20 -0500

> Bill,
> Unless I misunderstand what you're suggesting (quite likely), using
> the PBUF_RAW/PBUF_POOL combination requires that I do the memcpy
> transfer
> from my incoming packet buffer to the pbuf space.  That's what I was
> originally doing (and it worked, but seemed inefficient), and
> am now trying to avoid ( see earlier messages on this thread ).
> Am I confused?

I used a mixture.  If the pbuf has no chained pbufs (pbuf->next == NULL) I
don't do the copy and use the pointer directly.  If there are chains, I do
the memcpy.  My Ethernet controller supports multiple output buffers for one
packet transmission but I was unable to get it going and it wasn't a
priority to do so.  In my application, the normal mode is there are no
chains in transmit.  99% of my effort has been on optimizing receive
throughput not transmit throughput.

Bill