lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] p->payload == iphdr failed...

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] p->payload == iphdr failed...
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 23:28:07 +0100

Ed Sutter wrote:
Jonathan Larmour wrote:
There is task 7896 for it.

Unless I hear from one of you guys indicating that this is a problem,
I'm going to try adding a member to the pbuf header to store the base
address of the buffer.
Thanks again,
I guess that will work fine and it's also the solution I had in mind, but adding a member to the struct wasn't appreciated: the current size of 16 bytes is really optipmal for most platforms regarding memory alignment (or cache size). Also, adding 4 bytes to each pbuf can mean a crucial amount of additional memory on some low-memory platforms!

Please tell us if it worked once you did it.

Simon