lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] TCP_NODELAY

From: bill
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] TCP_NODELAY
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:29:43 -0400

> > Does setting this serve any purpose in raw mode since TF_NODELAY is
> > used only in sockets.c?
>
> Yes, it's also used in tcp_output_do_nagle() in tcp.h

Ahh, yes.  My bad - thanks.  In raw mode, is there any benefit to setting
this versus what I'm currently doing - calling tcp_write followed by
tcp_output.  In fact, I guess I should ask is there any possible problems in
doing what I do?  Should I set TF_NODELAY and not call tcp_output?  Do both?
Do only tcp_output?  We do send small packets, they have to be sent
immediately.

Thanks,
Bill