lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] How to get network address (MAC) of gateway

From: B B
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] How to get network address (MAC) of gateway
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:50:11 +0200

Hi Kieran,

Yes it does.

I am currently working on a solution, which looks like this:

// DHCP negotiation succeeded

// Get MAC Address for default gateway

mscnt = 0;

while (mscnt < 3000)

{

if (etharp_query(&EMAC_if, &(EMAC_if.gw), NULL) != ERR_OK)

{

// Error could not perform ARP query!

}

else

{

if (etharp_find_addr(&EMAC_if, &(EMAC_if.gw), &ethaddr_ret, &ipaddr_ret) > -1)

{

// Store MAC Address

break;

}

}

vTaskDelay(DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS);

mscnt += DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS;

}

Although it isn't necessary at this point, i guess the above is not thread safe.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

regards,
Martin