lwip-users

[lwip-users] Running PPP with NO_SYS=1

From: Erik Ekman
Subject: [lwip-users] Running PPP with NO_SYS=1
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:02:46 +0200

Hello

I am planning to add PPP over GPRS to my project. I am now using lwIP
with NO_SYS=1 on normal ethernet.

I looked at the code and my plan is to convert pppMain instead get
called on each read from the GPRS session. I looked at the code and
saw that I need to implement sys_jiffies(), sys_timeout() and
sys_untimeout().

My question is:
If I implement sys_timeout() and sys_untimeout() with a task that has
the timers, will the "normal" lwIP code start using it? Since I use
NO_SYS = 1, I do not want the rest of the code setting timeouts, only
the PPP code.

/Erik