lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problem in using raw api for avr32uc3ax application

From: Marek Matej
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problem in using raw api for avr32uc3ax application
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:09:14 +0200

Hi Jini,
I am working on project with lwip 1.3.0 and system with no OS layer.
Therefore RAW API is ised.
In ethernetif.c, I have implemented :
--ethernetif_init(); which is used for init any of netif
--mac_init(); which is intended for initiating network hardware
--mac_input(); for reading received packets from network controller
--mac_output(); gues for what :)
--ethernetif_handlepackets(); running in main loop
As I understand, implementation of ethernetif.c is user specific and
there is only recommendation how to put it together with Your hardware
driver. In my case, is like this:
Adding netif using function netif_add() needs to pass in argument
function for initiating any network interface (ethernetif_init() ) and
function intended to start processing any informing data (ip_input()
in my case)
Next, ethernetif_handlepackets(struct netif*) is reading packets from
net. hw. and putting it to process function of IP stack. Thats nearly
all from lower side.
The higher side of implementation, is using c++ objects to emulate
sockets, with using only  RAW API. (due to no OS layer).

I try to explain how I deal with ethernetif.c, but I believe there is
more even sophisticated way to attach network driver with stack.

Mark