lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers

From: Grubb, Jared
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:35:01 -0700

I'm not sure which ARM processor you're referring to, but that can't actually
be true. By definition in the C standard, every compiler is guaranteed to have
byte access anywhere it wants (IIRC, a byte is defined as the minimal unit
addressable on the architecture). The fun part is that a byte (as defined by
the C standard) is not guaranteed to have 8-bits!

Jared