lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] mem_malloc return NULL

From: Akshat Bisht
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] mem_malloc return NULL
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 09:05:58 +0530

Thanks for the reply, i understand and appreciate the efforts taken by people to help me, i just felt i had annoyed people in some way. :)

I managed to solve the sio.c stack problem, by putting a "don't accept till last sent" function in sio.c transmit part.

sys_timeouts is still confusing me, but i've created another thread in the mailling list for it, so let me not add it here.

Cheers and thanks

AB

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Jonathan Larmour <address@hidden> wrote:
Akshat Bisht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> None of the four questions were answered... :( Did i say something worng?

People answer if they have time. This is a volunteer project and no-one is
paid to spend time helping you. Some times you do have to work things out
yourself - the blessing and curse of open source ;).

Regardless...

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Akshat Bisht <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
[snip]
>     1. what is the lwip "main task"? I understand that there are in all
>     3 tasks(or threads), "tcpip", "ppp", "lwip".  I call pppInit() and
>     tcpip_init() from my own task, does this task become lwip main? i
>     plan to call the http_server example from this next.

There's a tcpip thread and a ppp thread. I don't know what your "lwip"
thread would be although that is the default name for any other thread
created using sys_thread_new().

tcpip_init() creates and starts the tcpip thread. It should return once the
thread has been created.

>     2. can i do without writting a thread oriented sys_timeouts()? till
>     now it's a simply -
>
>     struct sys_timeouts *sys_arch_timeouts(void) {
>        return &lwip_system_timeouts;
>     }

No you should ensure sys_timeouts holds per-thread timeout info. How you do
that is up to you and what your OS supports.

>     3. Apart from ppp, tcpip, is there any other thread under lwip? I'm
>     asking this because i was currently done away with sys_thread_new
>     and in place have placed direct MY_OS_TASK_CREATE function calls in
>     place of it in ppp.c and tcpip.c

Only SLIP and I doubt you're using that if you have PPP. In fact if you
have multiple PPP devices, there will be one thread for each.

>     4. How do i manage the buffer at sio.c level? my processor has a 5
>     byte stack, but i guess i will need more than that?

I don't understand that question. It sounds specific to your serial device
rather than to do with lwIP.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric Limited      http://www.eCosCentric.com/     The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK.       Tel: +44 1223 245571