lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers

From: Alain M.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:01:44 -0300

Jonathan Larmour escreveu:
char dns_answer[10];
#define dns_answer_type  (*((u16_t*)dns_answer))

Unfortunately, the above is still not portable. That may well cause a mis-aligned access if dns_answer is not already aligned, and being char that isn't guaranteed.

I believe that for byte access it should never get an error, do you know of an exception?

As for alignment, as it is independand of packing, as far as I know (not much in this case) arrays start aligned if that is the compiler setting.

Alain