lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: LWIP Stack [using TCP] buffer limit

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: LWIP Stack [using TCP] buffer limit
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:00:01 +0100

Muhamed Fauzi Bin Abbas wrote:
> But if the data I want to transmit is larger then 64K, shouldnt the TCP
> part breaks it up to smaller chunks? Am I misunderstanding something?

Yes ;-).

When using the *raw* API, *you* have to break it up into chunks, ensuring
you are not writing more than 64k, and not more than the available space in
the TCP send buffer. You then use the tcp_sent callback to know when you
can write more.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine