lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP and IAR Workbench

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP and IAR Workbench
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:03:39 +0100

Zeder, Stacy wrote:

I am new to LwIP and am trying to port it into IAR’s Workbench. I created a project with the same file structure as described in http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/LwIP_makefiles but I come across two issues:

1) the file inet.c is NOT located in src/core, but rather is located in src/core/ipv4, so I included it in it’s actual location.

Thanks, I've fixed this.

2) I get a build error that lwipopts.h cannot be located. When I look, I cannot find this file.

You need to create it. It contains compile-time configuration options for lwIP which you want to override from the defaults. The defaults can be found in include/lwip/opt.h

This link may be useful to you, although the contents are incomplete: http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/Lwipopts.h

I’m sure this is very basic, but can someone guide me with where I’m going wrong? Also, if someone has already done this port with the Atmel AT91SAM7X as the target, can you provide additional advice?

I have done a port to SAM7X, but it's only within my employer's OS (eCosPro), and more importantly being a different OS is presumably not what you want. But at least you can rest assured it can work nicely.

Jifl