lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Routing error in lwip 1.3.0

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Routing error in lwip 1.3.0
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:40:01 +0000

Hi,

Ill try to simplify a bit here :

1. In the device with lwip,there are 2 tasks running. One an UDP echo client, which sends a packet and read the reply. It then checks if the
reply is the same packet it last sent. If not then triggers an error. The packet is a string with a number which is incremented after each
succcesful echo cycle. The other task just simply sends some dummy UDP packet into the network every 10s.

2. The echo works fine until the other lwip task sends the dummy packet. At that moment there are 2 possible situations

a. The echo task sends the packet with dest ip as 0.0.0.0 which is totally wrong.
b. or the echo task sends, but the packet itself was never sent into the network. Sendto returns something bigger than 0.

in both cases a Java echo server then timeouts since it didnt receive the packet(after 7s), and sends the last packet to the lwip device.

In any case there is a problem when the 2 packets were to be sent using UDP and u can see that on the trace i sent previously.
I havent done this test with TCP.

I am wondering if anyone had experienced it and might tipp me on how to solve the problem.