lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP able to implement web server + outboundconnections

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP able to implement web server + outboundconnections for logging + DHCP?
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:47:59 +0200

In the contrib/ports/win32, there is a sample showing how to use lwIP's DNS client (you have to set LWIP_DNS_APP=1 in the lwipcfg_msvc.h file specific to this port). Take a look to the readme.txt file in contrib/ports/win32 to know how to build it (some environments variables have to be defined). There is no NTP support, but there is a SNTP sample in contrib/apps (which is enought for most of uses).

When you will start, you have to decide if more than one task need to use lwIP : if this is the case, you should use one of the "sequential" API (netconn or sockets). Between both api, you can prefer netconn for performances or sockets for portability.

These links can help you :

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/
http://lwip.scribblewiki.com
http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rishi Khan" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:08 AM

Mark,
All of these are already implemented as examples except NTP (not sure about DNS, but lwIP has DNS support nonetheless). If you download the contrib package and look in 'ports' there is a unix and a windows folder. I am not familiar with the windows port, but the unix port shows how to use lwIP for DHCP, HTTP, echo, ping, snmp, udp/tcp, telnet. Look in the ports/unix/proj/unixsim folder and build the simhost project (this is the default make project in that dir). I'm sure something is similar for windows and other guys on the list can help you out there.

-rishi