lwip-users

[lwip-users] etharp_query sending gratuitous ARPs

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-users] etharp_query sending gratuitous ARPs
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:09:16 -0400

Hello,

I noticed today while I’m in a mode sending one message per second using TCP, that lwIP is sending one gratuitous ARP with each TCP packet.  My arp_table for the MAC address is in state ETHARP_STATE_STABLE.  Etharp_query checks this and calls etharp_send_ip.  Should there be a timer or mechanism to limit the frequency of gratuitous ARP announcements?  Can anyone comment on this behavior?

Thank you,

Bill Auerbach