lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] where could I find the definition of MEMP_PBUF_POOL use

From: kanprin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] where could I find the definition of MEMP_PBUF_POOL used in pbuf.c?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 03:26:44 -0700 (PDT)

thank you so much simon, yes , I did mixed the 2 versions ,
but I compiled the lwip 1.3.0 source code with gcc 3.4.3 without any
changes,
then the compiler told me that the MEMP_PBUF_POOL not defined.
is my complier version too old?

"Some preprocessor magic puts the enum members together, which is why you
don't find the real definition of the enum members when searching the code."

Hi there,

I think you are mixing 2 different versions of lwIP here: the 3
occurrences of MEMP_PBUF_POOL seem to fit to lwIP v1.3.0 but in the
corresponding (and current) memp.h, the typedef enum memp_t is defined
like this:

typedef enum {
#define LWIP_MEMPOOL(name,num,size,desc)  MEMP_##name,
#include "lwip/memp_std.h"
  MEMP_MAX
} memp_t;

Some preprocessor magic puts the enum members together, which is why you
don't find the real definition of the enum members when searching the code.

Simon