lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [Help]My Lwip project works in 10Mbits but not in 100Mb

From: Ben
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [Help]My Lwip project works in 10Mbits but not in 100Mbits ?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:39:34 +0200

address@hidden a écrit :
Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 10:05 +0200, Ben wrote:
Hi,
I'm on Nios II ide and quartus 6.0.
I use your driver Lwip (1.0 version at this moment) given on the nios forum.

This sounds like a driver problem rather than an lwIP problem.  You
should contact whoever wrote the driver and see if they can help.
I just happen to know that the NIOS-II 6.0 kit includes a driver to use the SMSC with lwIP (unless you are using another driver). Although I didn't use the driver (we have another MAC), I would have thought it is tested enough that it works with the chip. It might be that your SMSC chip is somehow connected differently to your FPGA than it is on the dev board.

Anyway, what Kieran says is right: lwIP gives you support for the protocols from TCP (or UDP...) over IP down to the Ethernet protocol. What it doesn't give you is hardware support: you have to write your own driver which is capable of sending or receiving ethernet frames correctly - or you use a driver someone else wrote for you. In that case, you have to ask whoever it wrote for support.

Sorry if that doesn't help you as much as you'd like.

Simon