lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building automated test cases

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building automated test cases
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:01:46 +0200

In all cases, adding some testing tools for lwip could be good, but I don't know "check", but I'm afraid it give lot of "boring" code in the lwIP code. Perhaps I'm wrong ? Next, to test the stack, I suppose you have to implement a virtual device which simulate your input/output bytes arrays?

Can you give us a small sample of the "check" use with lwIP ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:05 AM

I personally find it as an excellent idea. As I was doing my implementation, I did it implemented (source file wise in the make file) in step wise, one layer to another (bottom to top) and test it. The reason was that my supervisor thinks its vital to know if each component works, and I did not have the time to do write a test program.