lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP recovery after network change

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP recovery after network change
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:08:40 +0100

I wrote something like this in contrib/win32 port (see this port for the full code):

#if LWIP_NETIF_LINK_CALLBACK
void link_callback(struct netif *netif)
{ if (netif_is_link_up(netif)) {
    printf("link_callback==UP\n");
#if LWIP_DHCP
    if (netif->dhcp != NULL) {
        dhcp_renew(netif);
    }
#endif /* LWIP_DHCP */
  } else {
     printf("link_callback==DOWN\n");
  }
}
#endif /* LWIP_NETIF_LINK_CALLBACK */

But, with experience, it's faster and more efficient to replace "dhcp_renew(netif);" by a "dhcp_stop(netif);dhcp_start(netif);"