lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] parameter for netif_add in UDP

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] parameter for netif_add in UDP
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:15:32 +0000

Ben Bobbitt wrote:

Just curious if I’ve missed something in the documentation, but my application only needs to use UDP, so what parameter do I pass to the netif_add() function for the input() callback when setting up the interface?
[snip]
Any advice would be appreciated. I am using the atmel avr32 and the IAR compiler. This is under FreeRTOS with the 1.2.0 version of lwIP.

For lwIP 1.2.0, you should use tcpip_input. That way it gets sent to lwip's tcpip handling thread, which means that the packet is passed in to the stack in the correct context.

Note that for ethernet interfaces, your driver will also have had to interface with the etharp code to pass packets in.

Jifl