lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ip_reass stop

From: Valdemar
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ip_reass stop
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:23:56 +0100

Thanks Simon for the addr2line tip.

When I ran it I got line 572 in function ip_reass in module ip_frag.c.

/* chain together the pbufs contained within the reass_data list. */
while(r != NULL) {
  iprh = (struct ip_reass_helper*)r->payload;  //Line 572 = 0x0103 1098
  /* hide the ip header for every succeding fragment */
  pbuf_header(r, -IP_HLEN);
  pbuf_cat(p, r);
  r = iprh->next_pbuf;
}

ip_frag was downloaded 2007-12-01.
My latest CVS download was at 2008-01-18.

Germund Asp

address@hidden skrev:
Germund wrote:
Hi
When trying to find out why my lwip-application suddenly stops
receiving I found that sending an UDP block of more than 1476 bytes
to my application caused a memory error. I got an abort in the function
ip_reass at offset 0x308.
Unfortunately, this offset is not very useful as it is probably the binary offset in the program, which means it differs from platform to platform and even different compiler settings produce different 'offsets'. How are you compiling your program? Maybe there is a way to translate the offset into a line in ip_frag.c? (If you used gcc, you can get the line using the 'addr2line' program, if you used the msvc port, you can turn on generating a map file when compiling and look into that map file).

Also: which version of lwIP are you using?

Simon