lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Task priorities

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Task priorities
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:16:14 +0100

> Is there any guidelines on how to set task priorities with the
> tasks started by lwip. In particular the relation among the:
>
> TCPIP_THREAD_PRIO,
> SLIPIF_THREAD_PRIO,
> PPP_THREAD_PRIO
>
> and
>
> FOO_APP_THREAD_PRIO (application task)

I don't know about SLIP and PPP (not using those), but in general, lwIP
works quite good for me if the netif task (if any) is the highest
priority task followed ny TCPIP task while application tasks (using
lwIP) are below those two.

Of course it is possible to change that if you require a specific
connection to have a higher priority, but in that case I think it's not
always ensured that mboxes don't overflow...

Simon