lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP port on Blackfin, some questions and 1.3.0

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP port on Blackfin, some questions and 1.3.0
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:29:53 +0100

3. The old version I'm currently using is stable with the socket API.
But I needed of lot of basic features which were not implemented
(MSG_PEEK, receive time-out)
Unfortunately, the corresponding macros are defined,
letting the user think they are implemented !!!

I think it's normal for "options": like this, you got source code compatibility, and using these options should return ENOPROTOOPT. About flags like MSG_PEEK, you're right.

4. I have a big problem for handling TCP connection loss.
When I unplug my device, or shut-down the peer,
no error is reported and I can't know the connection is lost.
Is this bug corrected ?

Simon is right, the problem is mainly the default lwIP values. To reduce that, you can reduce your TCP_SLOW_INTERVAL, and reduce TCP_MAXRTX. It's a kind of "send timeout", but global, and not "per socket".

5. About 1.3.0 required features:
-> backlog for listening sockets.
I think this is a very basic feature,
and I actually accidentally learned it was not implemented in this list !

We have talk about that in http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7421 (task #7421 : Implement SO_RCVBUF)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stéphane Lesage" <address@hidden>