lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] PPP

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] PPP
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:26:42 +0100

>Thanks for your reply,we are able to send udp packets but unable to get the
>value for sockets and how to pass the socket value inside the udp_send to
>function.

Be careful, if you use sockets API layer, you don't have to use the socket
value for udp_send (the raw API layer). You should use lwip_send/lwip_sendto
(or send/sendto).

>how to use socket to get a valid return value,since the return value is zero
>for opening socket

But 0 is a valid value for lwip_socket/socket!!! (>=0)

>kindly suggest a option to get a valid return value for socket with out using
>eternet (using only serial port)

You don't have answer to these questions: "...To be sure to understand, do you
use the ppp stack provided with lwIP sources, or your own one? What lwIP
release do you use?...".

If you use the CVS head, you could set in your lwipopts.h:
PPP_SUPPORT=1
PPPOE_SUPPORT=0
PPPOS_SUPPORT=1

It SHOULD work (but since I don't use PPP, I can't confirm you). Note that
previous pppOpen call is now replace by pppOverSerialOpen (sample in unix port
is broken).

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique