lwip-users

[lwip-users] Using multiple IP Addresses on a single driver

From: KATZIR SHAY
Subject: [lwip-users] Using multiple IP Addresses on a single driver
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:13:04 +0200

Hi,

As explained in the docs, I understand that I need to create separate 'netif's for separate IP addresses.

Still, I'm trying to understand, how will it work eventually when a packet arrives?

 will the driver need to recognize the netif, and call the individual input call of the specific netif, and the LWIP will process the packet according to the netif?

In addition, what separate initializations need to be done for every netif? (do I need to call tcpip_init twice?)

Is there any other processes related issues I need to manage for this to be done?

Thanks,

Shai