lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with socket send()

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with socket send()
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:41:08 +0100

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 10:15 +0200, Winformatik Info wrote:
> It seems, that the different buffers (or the data inside) used by the
> three send() calls are not merged the right way. I tracked down the
> problem to the functions tcp_output() and tcp_output_segment(), but the
> code is very difficult to understand.

That does rather sound like a bug, but I'm surprised no-one else has
seen this.

Firstly, could you file a bug report on savannah to ensure this is
tracked.

Secondly, any help you can provide in narrowing down where the
corruption happens would be very helpful.  Sadly I'm really low on time
to spend on lwIP at the moment, but perhaps one of the other developers
can help suggest places in the functions you mention that it would be
worth taking a closer look at (by for example printing the data out
before and after an interesting region).

Thanks

Kieran