lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:35:21 +0100

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 01:58 +0300, Caglar Akyuz wrote:

> 1) Problem is not happening on a direct cable connection(without a hub)
> 2) Problem is happening with various hubs.
> 3) If I use a Linux PC, problem is rarely seen, with a Windows PC the
>    problem is more frequent.
> 4) All the devices losing connection at the same time.
> 5) If I use static arp entries in Linux, all goes well. I can not test
>
>    this on Windows since Windows has a strange static arp understanding.

Can you get a small ethereal capture to illustrate this?  The fact that
the hub makes a difference is interesting.  I wonder if it is a problem
with the boards seeing packets from one of the other boards.  Does it
happen in response to all broadcast ARP packets, or only some?  Does it
happen in response to other broadcast packets?

Kieran