lwip-users

RE: RE : [lwip-users] APIPA / AutoIP / Zeroconf / RFC 3927 Module

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: RE : [lwip-users] APIPA / AutoIP / Zeroconf / RFC 3927 Module
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:10:51 +0100

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:01 +0200, Spies, Dominik wrote:
> It's unlikely the comliler has a bug ;)

My guess is a typo on the include file name, or the wrong include path.

> I'm not a c expert, maybe this is caused by a cyclic include? Because:
> apipa.h includes etharp.h and netif.h
> netif.h includes apipa.h
> etharp.h includes netif.h
>
> And if it is, how can one solve this?

Headers normally have something like this (where THIS_HEADER'S_CONSTANT
is replaced with something specific to that file):

#ifndef THIS_HEADER'S_CONSTANT
#define THIS_HEADER'S_CONSTANT

<insert rest of the header here>

#endif /* THIS_HEADER'S_CONSTANT */

That way the contents of each header are only included once in the
cycle.  Look at the other lwIP headers for examples of this.

Kieran