lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] RAM-Usage

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] RAM-Usage
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:50:18 +0200

> Hi!
>
> I found out lwIP needs a bit too much RAM at my current
> developement, i used a preconfigured sample project.
> So I tried to find the big RAM consumer and found out ip_frag
> needs a lot of space.
> So I disabled fragmentation and reassemble in the lwipopts.h.
> But this had no effect on RAM-consumption, ip_frag was built
> anyway. I had to remove it manually from my Makefile.
> Wouldn't it be good if there were a compilerswitch at the
> files to not build them if not needed?

There is an '#if IP_FRAG || IP_REASS' in CVS HEAD, but I don't
propose to update since a lot has changed there and is probably
not yet as stable as 1.2.0.

> In my Map file i found out mem, memp and pbuf also need much
> ram, is there any way to tweak this?

You can tune the size of the heap through defining MEM_SIZE to
what you need in lwipopts.h. Memp size is dependent on numerous
options (MEMP_NUM_*). Again, the values depend on what you need.
Same for the pbuf pool (which moved to memp in CVS HEAD):
PBUF_POOL_SIZE and PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE are the options you need
to change.

Simon