lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Simulation of TCP connections with multiple source IP a

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Simulation of TCP connections with multiple source IP addresses
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 11:59:13 +0100

Leena Mokadam wrote:
Hello,

I am a LWIP's new user. My query is about TCP connection with mutiple source
IPs.

Can we maintain (send/receive) multiple network interfaces using LWIP? I
have to simulate multiple IP addresses for the same PC and send/receive TCP
data with multiple IP address. For example,
My PC needs to simulate following IP addresses
192.168.20.120, 192.168.20.121, 192.168.20.122, 192.168.20.123,
192.168.20.124 and 192.168.20.125. And my program needs to maintain a TCP
connection for all of these IP address to various different servers. It
involves sending and receiving of data. Please let me know if this is
possible woith the help of LWIP. I am not sure as I have yet not seen any
LWIP API which accepts source IP address and Destination IP address.

In the current code, lwIP's routing and interface structure is intentionally simplified. You can have only one IP address for each interface ("netif"). I _think_ lwip should allow you to do what you want if you set up a netif for each IP address. When you need to send something from a specific address, then you will need to call bind()/netconn_bind()/tcp_bind() (depending on the interface you're using) to set the local IP address to use for that connection.

If you need to set up a listening port, you will also need to have multiple listeners - one bound to each IP address separately.

Jifl