lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Optimizations forapplications requiring limited functio

From: Timmy Brolin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Optimizations forapplications requiring limited functionality.
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:52:22 +0200

That sounds very strange. Are your sure?
When I rewrote the checksum routine in assembly, I doubled the total performance of our TCP/IP stack. For UDP communications, the only loop of any significance I can think of is the checksum routine.
Regards,
Timmy Brolin

Roger Cover wrote:

Greetings Timmy,

I have rewritten the checksum routine in assembler for my processor (as recommended by
Adam Dunkels in the thread "Gigabit Ethernet and lwIP"). It is not my
experience that this is the largest consumer of CPU cycles. ip_output_if() seems to be
where my application spends over 80% of its time on UDP transfers, but this is called
after the checksum calculation is completed. I have not profiled the TCP/IP transfer yet,
just measured its total time.

Regards,