lwip-users

[lwip-users] Newbie trying to use lwip on Fedora

From: David Vos
Subject: [lwip-users] Newbie trying to use lwip on Fedora
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:37:12 -0600

I am new to lwip.  I really like the concept and it looks interesting.

I am trying to write a pure userland TCP transparent proxy.  In fact,
the packets won't even be arriving off the wire, and I cannot use the
host OS's stack.  I will have a program feeding the packets in and out
of lwip.

I am running in userland on a Fedora Core 5 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp system.

I downloaded lwip-1.2, and I was a little surprised that there is no
Makefile or anything.  I wrote a small C program that includes the
"lwip/tcp.h" file.  I get errors about being unable to find
"arch/cc.h" or "lwipopts.h".

How should I approach getting lwip to run in userland fedora?  How
much time would you guess it will take?

Thanks,
-David Vos