lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_delete and _recv not thread safe

From: Rob Duncan
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_delete and _recv not thread safe
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:50:35 -0700

This is possibly related to an older thread:

I'm seeing a similar problem (under eCos) where I'm in the middle of netconn_delete and a RST for that connection arrives.  I end up with an extra message in conn->mbox (the one from lwip_close(), and another that err_tcp() adds for the RST).  This means that the mbox is not empty when sys_mbox_free() is called, and I get an assertion failure.

Does this analysis seem right?  And if so what would be the best way of correcting the problem?  I'm a bit fuzzy on how thread safety is supposed to be done here, so any hints or pointers to more information would be very useful.

Thanks,

Rob.