lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: [lwip-devel] [task #1551] Make ARP more independent of

From: Taranowski, Thomas \(SWCOE\)
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: [lwip-devel] [task #1551] Make ARP more independent of interfacehardware type
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:15:46 -0600

I'd like to see the ARP queueing behavior fixed before we start making
it more generic.

Wikipedia says the following about ARP:
Arp "is also used for IP over other LAN technologies, such as Token
Ring, FDDI, or IEEE 802.11, and for IP over ATM."

Those are what I would consider more niche technologies, not really in
general use, EXCEPT for the 802.11(wifi).  I would find it a compelling
change to make in order to make lwIP applicable for use on wifi links.
I'm not really familiar with the link layer interfaces used for the
802.11, so I can't really speak to how easily it could be supported with
our current code base, though.  Hopefully someone will chime in and
educate me.

Thanks,
Tom

On