lwip-users

[lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4

From: Roger W. Cover
Subject: [lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 10:38:06 -0700

Greetings all,

I am using the callback (single-threaded) functions in lwIP version 0.6.3 on
a Power PC 405 processor in a Xilinx Virtex4FX FPGA. I am using the built-in
MAC and a 10/100/1000 external PHY. I have noticed some issues with the
stack:

Time to Live is not decremented by lwIP when it echoes an ICMP packet. This
is a minor issue, but I thought the developers should be aware of it.

err_t ip_input(struct pbuf *p, struct netif *inp) - stays busy for over 3
seconds at times. This causes the watchdog timer to reset my system. In
order to use lwIP I need to get this resolved. Does anyone have some insight
as to why this might happen?

In an attempt to use a newer version of lwIP, I downloaded version 1.1.1,
but the driver (port) I have is not compatible with this version. Is there
somewhere I can get guidance to update my port to use the newer version? I
think that might help.

Thank you in advance for your assistance on these matters.

Regards,
Roger W. Cover
Spectral Instruments, Inc.
420 N. Bonita Ave.