lwip-users

RE: RE : RE : [lwip-users] Timers & lwip tasks (a multithreadquestionwit

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: RE : RE : [lwip-users] Timers & lwip tasks (a multithreadquestionwithLwIP)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:00:19 +0100

Hi,

> So, in a multithread environment with upper layers, I think
> it's a good to define ETHARP_TRUST_IP_MAC to 0, and to
> initialize the arp_timer in the tcpip_thread context (which
> can handle "timeouts") to reduce this kind of problem, like this :

That alone won't help, since etharp_arp_input() is called from network
driver context if ARP packets are received!

My solution to that problem was to pass all received packets including
ARP to the tcpip-thread which does the processing of IP- AND
ARP-packets. This way, all access to the ARP layer is done in
tcpip-thread context.

Simon