lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using differnet protocols parallel

From: Marcel M.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using differnet protocols parallel
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:21:31 +0100

> > I'm not sure to what extent lwIP has been integrated
> > into freertos - this may have been done for you already at the sockets
> > layer, assuming that is the API you wish to use.
> > Is there someone else here using freertos with lwIP who can provide more
> > concrete information on its capabilities?
> >
> > Kieran
> >

> LWiP is pretty well ported to FreeRTOS. I'm using LWiP+FreeRTOS
> combination very happly on a SAM7X.(altough you haven't
> mentioned your arch, I think it should be okay for any arch which is
> supported by FreeRTOS)
>
> As long as I can see from the code, in FreeRTOS there is only one task
> using the stack all the time. All other tasks communicate with this LWiP
> task. In conclusion,
> LWiP+FreeRTOS is capable of doing what you need.
>
> Regards
> Caglar AKYUZ

Thanks for your answers.
It seems that i have to use a STR912F44 µC with ethernet ans Memory
onchip(not 100% sure). I saw the lwIP examples with freertos too, but they
uses only one connection (port 80). Can i bind more than one port in the
lwip-stack-thread to run different protocols at the same time? Or can i bind
Ports in different threads? Did Anyone of you implement this and can show me
a little example?

Regards
Marcel