lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] extra data at end of packet

From: Carl D. Blake
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] extra data at end of packet
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:02:59 -0700

Thank you.  I eventually figured this out from my own investigation.
Thank you for the explanation.

For the second issue, I discovered that the way to handle the output
routines has changed.  The example code in contrib showed the following
code:

    err_t err;

    err = etharp_output( nip, ipp, p );

    if( err == ERR_OK ) {
        /* send the frame */
        netif_low_level_output( nip, p );
    }

    return err;

However, the newer code in CVS shows this:

    return etharp_output( nip, ipp, p );

Apparently the operation of etharp_output was changed at some point to
output the packet itself rather relying on later code in the output
routine.  When I used the newer code I stopped duplicating packets.
Things are looking much better now.