lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug in pbuf.c regarding PBUF_POOL

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug in pbuf.c regarding PBUF_POOL
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:07:44 +0100

Hello all,

this is very late reply.

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 07:44 +0100, Kieran Mansley wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:37:23PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > With the current code, I think the only solution is SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT.
> > My opinion is that the !SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT stuff should probably just be
> > removed.
> >

> Thanks for the detailed post - good to see folks getting to grips with
> the stack.  The above seemed to summarise quite nicely and I agree
> completely with that.

I completely agree with you; It's good to see there is interest in the
lwIP stack from developers that are concerned abouts its correctness.

The SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT protection was introduced by one of the
developers using the stack to protect *ONLY* between interrupt context
and single-thread user-space context if I am not mistaken.

I am all for removing it, because the locking solution does not scale
across different platforms.

Regards,

Leon.