lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: Assertion : "tcp_enqueue: no pbufs on queue => both

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: Assertion : "tcp_enqueue: no pbufs on queue => both queues empty"
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:43:58 +0000

Kelvin Lawson wrote:
I use lwip in a embedded system, one time I have got this the following message:
"tcp_enqueue: no pbufs on queue => both queues empty"
Exactly on this line:
LWIP_ASSERT("tcp_enqueue: no pbufs on queue => both queues empty",
      pcb->unacked == NULL && pcb->unsent == NULL);

I had this problem recently, and it was down to my setting for TCP_SND_QUEUELEN. This must be less than 256, because the data type used for storing the queue length (snd_queuelen) is 8 bits. Any larger and the snd_queuelen counter will overflow.

Any developer care to make the obvious quick change? It's probably more effort overall for a developer if I submitted a patch rather than to just to do it:
#if (TCP_SND_QUEUELEN > 255)
  u16_t
#else
  u8_t
#endif
  snd_queuelen; /* Available buffer space for sending (in tcp_segs). */

and ditto for queuelen in tcp_enqueue() in tcp_out.c.

But if you prefer I can submit this as a patch.

Jifl