lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_ASSERT("pbuf_free: p->ref > 0", p->ref > 0);

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_ASSERT("pbuf_free: p->ref > 0", p->ref > 0);
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:18:22 +0100

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 03:14:51PM +0500, Mumtaz Ahmad wrote:
> Dear all
>
> When i use multiple threads sending on 2 different sockets i sometimes get
> this assert
> LWIP_ASSERT("pbuf_free: p->ref > 0", p->ref > 0);
> I have tried to make the stack thread safe . Any body who could comment?

I think it is most likely that you've missed something with regards to
making it thread safe.  You could try something really simple that
should definitely work, such as having a single lock that controls
access to the stack, and anything calling any part of the stack must
first acquire this lock.  I think things passing packets up from above
as well as calls from the application would need to be protected in
this way.

Kieran