lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: lwip connect to normal socket applicationvery very slow

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: lwip connect to normal socket applicationvery very slowly
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:39:51 +0200

> > If I use "tcp_write();tcp_output();" to send a packet(1024
> bytes ) to
> > the linux socket prgram!!
> > it will reply me a ACK after 0.1~0.2 sec, it is too long!!
> > Even if I set URG,PSH tcp flags inside the packet, it is
> the same !!
> >
> > linux socket program will insist on replying me ACK after after
> > 0.1~0.2 sec!
> > and inner LWIP seems to insist on receiving ACK (belong to previous
> > packet) and then send next packet!!
> >

> > Why I said it is very very slowly.....
> > If I use two linux socket program to communicate with each other!!!
> > They will send two packets (1024 bytes), and wait only one
> ACK, just
> > after 0.0001~0.0002 sec.
> >

> > Could anybody know how can I push the other side (linux socket
> > program) reply me more quickly?

Wouldn't it help to increase the TCP window size (TCP_WND define in
opt.h) so that the lwIP application does not wait for the first frame to
be ACKed before sending the next? I'm not that familiar with lwIP TCP
implementation, but my knowledge of TCP tells me that should be enough.

Hope that helps (and hope I'm right),

Simon.