lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port

From: Kelvin Lawson
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 10:51:22 +0100

I have downloaded lwIP and successfully compiled it. In the Linux port, LWIP communicates over the network using the "TAP/TUN" device. I have written a simple application using lwip_XXX() socket functions. But nothing seems to work. I debugged through the stack and found that, the problem is inside the low_level_XXX() functions. The read / write calls on the "/dev/net/tun" do not seem to receive / send packets on the Ethernet. I am stuck with this problem for quiet

Do you have firewalling/iptables configured? That could be dropping your TAP packets.

Kelvin.