lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Windows port of lwip 1.1.1

From: Pedro Alves
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Windows port of lwip 1.1.1
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:45:55 +0100

Hi Mumtaz,

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:40 +0500, Mumtaz Ahmad wrote:

Hi I want to submit the windows port of lwip1.1.1 version .How can i?

Can you provide more details?
Ports are usually added into the contrib module by providing the
maintainer with CVS write access to the repository.  However, we will
currently only accept ports if there is someone who is willing to
actively maintain them, as we have enough problems getting the existing
ports updated each time the stack changes!

Did you look at the msvc6 port found in contrib?
Some time ago, I sent patches to make it build with MSVC 2003,
and the changes were quite small. I didn't push hard to
make them in, so they were never applied.

At the time, we were building a concensus that the best would be
to switch the MSVC ports to be makefile or cmake based.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves