lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_tmr - TCP_TMR_INTERVAL

From: Hampus Thorell
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_tmr - TCP_TMR_INTERVAL
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:33:18 +0200

Should it be set to 250? I've seen some places (this forum for instance) where people seem to have set it to 100.

Hampus

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 10:32 +0200, Hampus Thorell wrote:
Yes, the information was very valuable.

However, I was thinking of decreasing the TCP_TMR_INTERVAL which is set to default 250 in my version to for instance 1, do you believe this would corrupt anything?

Yes.  Instead of waiting a second or two for an acknowledgement before
retransmitting a packet, it would wait only a few milliseconds, which
may be less than the round trip time of your network.  This would result
in a flood of retransmissions.
Kieran