lwip-users

[lwip-users] etharp_output() slow down sending speed ?!

From: cyhong
Subject: [lwip-users] etharp_output() slow down sending speed ?!
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:36:45 +0800

I have following the samples of 0.7.x version, and I write the  code to the
lwip 1.1.0 version!!
Indeed, the following codes (CODE I & II) do work ,  but "CODE I" will
send double packets(all of unicast-packets).
I know the problem!!
But donot anyone found that ....
     if I use "CODE II" to communicate  to a linux user mode socket
program .
     the sending speed will slow down, but  the "CODE I" will send
much fast!!
    it is so strange!!

ps. BTW, I donot call the etharp_tmr() rightnow, I think   it is fine to
communicate with only one machines!!

CODE I:

err_t mintapif_output(struct netif *netif, struct pbuf  *p,  struct
ip_addr *ipaddr)
{
  etharp_output(netif, ipaddr,  p);   // original p=etharp_output();
  if (p != NULL) {
     return low_level_output(netif, p);
  }
  return  ERR_OK;
}

CODE II:
err_t mintapif_output(struct netif *netif, struct pbuf  *p,  struct
ip_addr *ipaddr)
{
      return  etharp_output(netif, ipaddr, p);
}
address@hidden

本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊,非指定之收件者,請勿使用或揭露本信件內容,並請銷毀此信件。
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose
it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.