lwip-users

[lwip-users] MEMP_TCP_SEG: out of memory pool

From: Manuel Studer
Subject: [lwip-users] MEMP_TCP_SEG: out of memory pool
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:45:12 +0200

Hi all

I've a an ftp server which builds up on the current LwIP TCP stack. When
doing heavy ftp operations the connection breaks and I get sooner or
later a "out of memory in pool 5" debug log output. Thereafter I can
still connect through my static listen port (21) but it fails then
always to allocate a new data connection providing me the same error
message mentioned as above.
According to the memp code the memmory pool 5 is reserved for TCP
segments. So it seems to me like the LwIp stack produces memory leaks in
the TCP segment handling.
What could be the reason for it? Have anyone of you a good hint how to
debug it efficiently?

Thanks
Manuel