lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with lwip_close in TCP

From: Craig Graham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with lwip_close in TCP
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:26:09 +0100

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 16:42, Frédéric BERNON wrote:
> Hi Christiaan,
>
> You're right, this is the same problem. I will study this issue, because I
> want to keep the BSD compatibility. Perhaps adding "somewhere" a tcp_output
> call? I will tell you.
>
> In a general way, how to contrib to Lwip? The only document I see was about
> coding conventions.
>
> I have integrate to lwip1.1.1 the steve reynolds code for IGMP with several
> corrections. I also add a sock_init() function to initialize sockets.c
> semaphores like other _init() functions. And I add a DNS client to lwip to
> provide "BSD like" gethostby... functions.

I've also done the IGMP integration to LWIP1.1.1 (though I based it on the
code for 1.0.0 posted by Mace Gael). I'd be interested to know what fixes
Frédéric came up with (I've not had the opportunity to do much testing due to
a problem with my ADSL router blocking IGMP and stopping me getting access to
the BBC's multicast feeds - new one on order, so should be testing it next
week). I've also added support to the sockets API for non-blocking connect's,
so I'd love to know how to go about getting stuff into the main LWIP source
(I did the non-block connect patch initially for 0.7.1, then had to manually
port it to 1.0.0, then I've just done it again for the 1.1.1 tree - and it's
a real PITA).

Laters,
Craig.